OTAs naturally want to be able to offer the best deal to prospective customers – their business models rely on gaining commission from prospective...
Two ways hotels can use email data to convert potential guests
There are two ways you can use email data to get new guests and re-engage potential ones. Which one is right for you?
What’s your hotel’s strategy once third-party cookies have been retired? If you don’t have one yet, you’re dangerously late to the party. Email marketing is a crucial channel for maintaining customer relationships long after they've left your website. Traditionally, hotels have used email to communicate with guests post-booking, focusing on in-stay information and building loyalty. However, with Triptease's Email Activation, you can transform your email strategy and use it as a powerful tool for acquiring new guests and re-engaging potential ones who didn’t book the first time around.
Email marketing up until now has typically involved a lot of manual work, inaccurate data and an unclear view of the types of guests interacting with your website. Triptease Email Activation manages the customer data for you, allowing you to focus on what matters most—your guests.
We know from conversations with Triptease customers that hoteliers typically fall into two camps - there are the ones with no time, tools or capacity to build their own email campaigns but who are desperate to engage with customers on this impactful channel. Then there are larger, more established hotels that are looking for a new, high-value source of customer data to plug into their own CRM system so they can fully manage their own email campaigns. Whichever one you are, Triptease Email Activation has the solution. Let’s dive into the detail…
Approach #1: Instant, set-and-forget, fully automated emails - managed entirely by Triptease
Right now, your booking engine is losing revenue in two ways:
- Cart Abandonment: 80% of your potential guests abandon their cart right before completing a booking. Imagine this: your almost-booked guests are just a click away from confirming their stay, and suddenly, they vanish.
- No Availability: According to Triptease global hotel data, the average no-availability rate for hotels is 20%. This means high-intent customers are often met with a no-availability message, leaving them no choice but to seek alternatives, possibly from your direct competitors.
However, hoteliers without sufficient time, customer data, or a CRM face challenges in addressing these issues directly. That's why hoteliers can now choose pre-built Triptease email templates to re-engage both types of guests and encourage them to complete their bookings.
Who is this approach this for?
- Short-staffed hoteliers working in small to medium-sized hotels.
- Hotels working without a CRM.
- Hoteliers who have some experience with email marketing but lack the tools and time.
How Triptease automated emails benefits busy hoteliers
- Capture customer data automatically: Triptease tracks guests who either abandoned their cart or encountered no availability, eliminating the need for you to sift through extensive data manually. This is ideal for hoteliers who have extremely limited access to customer data and don’t currently work with a CRM.
- Automated outreach: Triptease sends timely, automated emails to your nearly-booked guests, prompting them to complete their reservations. Hoteliers working with small teams or facing staffing issues will find this automated approach will help ease off tasks so they can continue managing day-to-day operations.
- Zero manual work: Triptease emails come pre-designed, requiring no additional customization or effort from hoteliers. This feature will be particularly appealing to hoteliers who want to streamline their email marketing efforts and don’t have the resources or expertise for in-house email design and customisation.
Approach #2: Add hard-to-reach data to your CRM and send personalized campaigns - managed by you
Triptease understands the love-hate relationship between hotels and CRMs. Working with advanced segmentation can be tricky, especially when hotels deal with mountains of unclean customer data. Triptease's pre-built emails can remove some of that pain using industry-leading automation. But for hotels who want more control over their email marketing campaigns and want more design flexibility, the CRM approach addresses those needs.
That's why we've made it possible to send emails collected from customers who abandoned their carts or encountered no availability on your booking engine directly to your CRM. This not only gives hoteliers access to hard-to-reach data but also provides them with the freedom to customize and format their emails according to their preferences.
Who is this approach this for?
- Brand and data-focused hotels
- Medium to large-sized hotels working with a larger marketing team
- CRM managers and email marketing managers looking to improve segmentation and personalization
The benefits for your team and customers
- Automatically send customer data to your CRM: Triptease integrates with some of the world’s leading CRMs allowing you to send customer data to your CRM automatically. This will come as a relief to hoteliers working with siloed data who are looking to automate as much as possible.
- Send personalized emails: Email addresses are enriched with party size, pricing data, and itinerary details, ensuring you can consistently deliver relevant content to your guests. Brand-conscious hotels can now leverage their unique email design with the right type of data to send powerful campaigns that convert more direct bookings.
- Send guests back to the right page: leveraging Triptease's deep linking technology, each email includes a pre-filled URL with their booking information, stopping your guests from having to re-enter their search itinerary details.
We’re now providing new ways for hoteliers to use Triptease’s customer data to increase direct bookings and provide a more premium guest experience. If you’d like to know more about Cart abandonment and Back-in-stock emails, or if you’d like to speak to a Triptease market expert about your email and CRM strategy, get in touch via the form below.
Want to stop losing revenue from your booking engine? Request a demo below